6 Funtastic To Do’s in Medellin
Look at a map. See the northern most tip of Cebu? Then look a little bit towards the west. That’s Medellin! If you haven’t heard of this small town, allow me to show you the ropes. What does Medellin have that’s awesome to visit?
1. Gibitngil Island: a.k.a. untouched paradise. The island has the clearest blue water. Perfect for a dip! Once you reach Medellin, head to the Medellin docksides and you can get a pump boat for only P1500 round trip. It can fit a maximum of 20 people so bring all of your friends!
2. Medellin Hide Away: a small public beach resort in Barangay Tindog. It’s a humble escape from the city. There is a long bamboo bridge where you can walk around and enjoy the ocean breeze. From there you can view the different islands like Bogo, and even catch a glimpse of the famous Bantayan Island. It’s about 10km from Poblacion Medellin. There are lots of signs around the town to direct you. So you won’t get lost!
3. Do you guys play golf? You may want to have a relaxing game at the Mercedes Golf Course and Country Club in Dayhagon. Two things of note: It was designed by Frankie Miñoza, a renowned Filipino Professional Golfer (He was featured in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Rankings in 1998). And the course is playable even if it rains due to the computerized irrigation system keeping the green in good condition.
4. When you’re in the North there is never a shortage of beaches. Medellin can easily be your starting point to San Remigio, Bogo, Kawit and Mahawak. There are a multitude of small resorts to stay in. It’s even close to Hagnaya where you can hop a ferry and head to Bantayan Island.
5. Zip-away: Ziplining continues to be a big attraction in Cebu and Medellin hasn’t been left behind. You can find the zipline about 5km from Poblacion Medellin going towards Bangon. It isn’t hard to find, there are lots of signs and directions.
6. Other places of note are: Korean Village – there’s a pool, basketball court, restaurant, driving range and golf course. You can rent golf carts to tour the course even if you won’t play. There’s also the Dagusungan River Cruise where you can rent tourist boats or kayaks and explore Medellin through the river that snakes its way around the town. Lastly, check out the Funtastic Medellin Island Watch: a fun colorful beach with lots of cottages on top of rocks. Perfect for hanging out with friends enjoying the sea.
Medellin is about 100 kilometers from Cebu. You can easily get there by car, bus, or car rental services.
source : google