Let’s face it.
There aren’t many good writing jobs around. If you are tired of writing overblown SEO driven crap, you might be interested in this opportunity to create communities and connect to people. That’s the heart of what good writing is.
If that sounds interesting, we’re looking for you.
- That’s not as simple as it seems. This will include coming up with topics, curation, idea creation and execution of those ideas.
- Help collaborate on an editorial calendar. As much as possible, we try to plan ahead when it comes to topics.
- This job is results oriented. There will be no time card. No one will be hovering over your shoulder while you work. But we expect to see the agreed upon output (articles released).
- You will be writing about a wide range of topics. Possible broad topics include travel, music, design, etc. A sense of curiosity will help you immensely.
- You will be able to write about topics that are interesting and fun. There will be no word stuffing or writing for robots. The goal is to connect to people. If done well, you will be able to do that.
- Occasionally, we get invited to events and free stuff, if you enjoy that, you may be invited to go in our behalf.
- Compensation obviously. Terms to be discussed.
- Prior experience writing for a publication is a plus.
- Must be able to stick to deadlines. Every piece of writing assigned to you will have deadlines. Repeat: Deadlines must be met.
- Ideal but not required: Basic know how in photography.
- As mentioned, no one will be looking over your shoulder while you work. There will be stretches when you will be left to your own devices. If you aren’t comfortable self-managing your time, this may not be the job for you. The expectation is to have results without supervision.
- Topics will be broad. You will need to be comfortable with that idea.
We’d love to hear from you. Please click here to tell me about yourself.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them below in the comments.
Hope to hear from you.