As with most intellectually stimulating topics, this one was over a night of consuming alcoholic beverages. Yes, we were drinking! As you can imagine, the conversation was probably not the most lucid nor made the most sense. We were distracted by the beer, scotch and mixed chocolate drinks, but it was an interesting topic nonetheless. The conversation was between me and a friend from Manila who frequented Cebu. Obviously he was drawn to the beautiful women in our fair city and I don’t blame him. Therefore he had a unique perspective as he was familiar with how we are as a people, genuinely enjoyed visiting Cebu and had an outsider’s perspective.
I do consider myself more a Cebuano than a Filipino. I could be wrong, but I think a majority of Cebuanos would have the same sentiment.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you consider yourselves more Cebuano than Filipino?
P.S. He pointed out a few other things as well.
– Our obvious animosity towards anyone speaking Tagalog in Cebu.
– We are our own country.
– Not many clap after musical performances in local gigs. He’s an avid music lover.
– Cebuanas = Yehez!!
There may have been more, but, like I said, we were drinking.
Here’s what you missed for September!
- It’s time to go back to Dove Street. Just because.
- A walk around Cebu is never complete without sampling some Street Food.
- We got star struck by fashion blogger Kryz Uy!
- Here’s the funtastic things you can do in Medellin.
- Wow! There were a lot of events! Opening The Veranda by Maria Luisa road, Pinoy Great Deals launch and Markov Clothing celebrating 4 years.
- Our new regular writer Makuz will be writing about the Cebu Music Scene.
- We released our Markov Clothing x Zerothreetwo shirt! It is awesome!!!
- Speaking of local music, check out new video by Shuffled! They’ve got a little Easter egg in the end of the vid.
- Up Dharma Down and Nick Automatic in an Artwork event in Ayala. Can you say Wow?
- Aframe has something cooking! Any guesses as to what it is?
- Here’s a chance to do something good and fun at the same time. Let’s get a Drum Set for Jonas!
- We’ve got a LOT on the local music scene! Check out how music affected Shak.