It was a cold dark night as I lay inside my sheets shivering uncontrollably. I had a high fever and a slight headache. It turned out to be dengue. That was a first time for me. I ended up drinking a LOT of apple juice, mangagaw (Is it some kind of root?), wheatgrass, lots of vitamin C and Gatorade. I discovered a few things while having Dengue.
First, there is a Dengue kit in Watsons with a thermometer, insect repellant lotion, insect repellent spray and insect repellent patch – lots of repellants. Second, you can get your blood works checked relatively cheap in hospitals – about P150, although the Dengue specific test is about P1500. Third, it is the kind of sickness that lulls you to a false sense of health – you are sick one day then the next day you aren’t then you are sick again. It seems that the mosquito came from a big tank of still water right outside my room.
So stay safe everyone. Keep away from those mosquitoes.
– We got to talk to the Walkie Talkies.
– Take a trip to Argao.
– UP Cookout 2011 was a BLAST!
– Try Café Maru for a different coffee experience.
– What’s happening in the Cebu Twitterverse?
– You can find amazing people everywhere. Check out Bubbles!
– We helped out Cebu Doctors University’s Awit Sayaw.
– Deep Gold is showing tomorrow!!
– White Day Cebu: a fun get together for the Tumblr folk.
Interested writers and photographers send us an email at email@example.com. We need you!