We’re midway through the year, so we thought it would be a good opportunity to take a look back.
So much has happened in six months, we don’t know where to start. So we decided to give you the highlights of 2016.
If you are a new reader to Zerothreetwo, this is a good place to start.
Here’s a quick look back on what you missed.
Monday Musings continues to chug along
The blog is starting to look more and more like its authors. As we continue to write about our thoughts and challenges, we hope that at least one person can read and find solace in the fact that they aren’t alone.
- Red Faced Passenger Screams at Airline Crew and Misses Miracle
- Tales of A First Time Dog Owner
- What I Discovered Tweeting Thankful
- The Man Who Changed My Concept of Forever
Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about the process of creating art. In many ways, Zerothreetwo itself is one big art project. There’s the writing, the clothing and the business aspects all dancing together to hopefully turn into something that stands the test of time.
- Share Your Art Even If You Aren’t Ready
- Cultivating a Culture of Creation
- Why Support Local? How to Fix Cebu’s Film Industry
- I Brought My 5 Month Old to a Gig
- From Incubus to Video Games: How I Learned to Write
Five Clothing Releases
A big part of Zerothreetwo is our clothing section. We’ve been busy!
- Wonggoys and The Labrats Shirt Lookbook
- The Zerothreetwo Basics Collection
- The Zerothreetwo Sackpack Bags
- The Games Collection
- The Sinulog Release
PS – If you are reading this during July 2016, The Assembly JY Square is on SALE.
The interests of Cebu are much wider than what we have on our shores. For this reason, we’ve added much more pop culture stuff like movie reviews and music recommendations. Sometime this month, we’ll be releasing a book recommendation series. Look out for it.
- Our movie reviews.
- Fresh Tunes Friday – Every first Friday, Jason, our playlist making expert, shares his top listens of the month. BONUS art by the wonderful folks at Happy Garaje.
- No Radio, No Problem: 10 Podcasts That Deserve Your Attention
Events events events should really be called… event
As much as we want to have more events, we just don’t have the bandwidth for it right now. But the one event that we did organize was a great one! We did another Meet the Streets.
We like to travel
Travel is always going to be a big part of what we put out on Zerothreetwo. This year, we’ve been lucky to experience a few places away from our shores.
- I Still Dream of Lanuza
- What I Did On My 72 Hour Break in South Korea
- Trekking the Dense Experimental Forest in Minglanilla
Living in Cebu
We started Zerothreetwo because we like writing about what it is like to live in this wonderful city. Do you live here? Wouldn’t you agree?
Photography continues to be an important part of what we do. Many of our stories include short photo essays for your perusing pleasure. These posts are the ones more centered on the craft.
- My 2015 in Photos
- On Shooting Behind the Scenes of Miss Cebu 2016
The Zerothreetwo Blogging Guide
Every now and then, we get asked about blogging. It’s about time we just wrote it down.
- Starting a Blog
- What to Blog About
- How to Blog
- Promote Your Blog
- Making Money
- 11 Mistakes When Starting a Blog
The bedrock of Zerothreetwo used to be the Eat/Drink section. I fear we have veered away from this to a certain degree. On one hand, this was a section that helped immensely with the popularity of the site, but this didn’t do much apart from leaky pageviews. That said, we’re still happy to post about places we love visiting and we’re coming up with an idea for the end of 2016 that should whet the appetite for these things. Stay tuned.
- 7 Secret Restaurants Around Mandaue
- 15 Date Spots for Valentines Day
- 10 Favorite Cebu Restaurants for 2015
- Email Exchange: Restaurants with a View
- Spanish Dining Experience at Gorliz Tapas Y Vinos
- Warning: Room for Dessert Will Give You a Sugar Rush
- 5 Discoveries at La Bella Napoli
- Watch the Sun at Crate Café
- A New Vape Lounge is Open! Stym
That was 2016 in a nutshell. Help us out by giving some feedback. What more do you want to see from Zerothreetwo? Tell us in the comments.