Stories fuel the soul.
…whether these are told through idle chatter, casual conversation, friendly banter or quiet moments of introspection; whether expressed through deliberate writing, or painted in pictures.
Sometimes, you alone is the story… unfolding in ways unimaginable.
That peculiar feeling – knowing that there is no everyday repetition of a scene. What you see in a particular moment is as unique as how you view a subject through the sum total of your experiences.
The Photo Diaries #PDVisualStorytelling Contest is a showcase of photo stories from different individuals.
Terms of the Contest
The contest will run from October to December, 2015. Each month will showcase a different photography genre.
October – Landscape
November – Street
December – Portrait
Submission of entries will commence from the 1st to the 25th of each month. From the 21st onward, qualifying submissions will be uploaded to a dedicated album in the page. The special citations will be awarded at the end of every month.
Who can Join?
The contest is open to everyone with a story to tell through a memorable photograph.
How to Join?
Complete the entry form and submit it together with your high-res photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use this as the e-mail subject: “#PDVisualStorytelling (month) Submission” – insert the month that your chosen category belongs to.
Example: #PDVisualStorytelling November Submission
Location (of residence):
* Limited Edition Photo Diaries Photobook (Compilation of selected photos from 2011-2015)
* Showcase of photo story in Zerothreetwo’s website
* Banawe x Glitchgrafiks Limited Edition Tee
* Zerothreetwo Tee
* 10-print set of #UrbanSeries (Compilation of street photos from photowalks)
*Photo Diaries paperweights
1. The panel will consist of 3 persons – the Page Owners of Photo Diaries and Retaso Media, with one guest judge per monthly genre (to be introduced and announced after the cut-off of submissions).
2. Judging will commence as soon as the entries are uploaded to the album.
1. Visual Impact – 50%
2. Narrative – 50%
Best photo story
Most liked entry
1. The Visual Storytelling Contest is exclusive to photos only.
2. The photo and story must be original. The narrative need not be a literal interpretation of what’s captured in the photo.
3. You can submit colored or B&W entries, whichever you prefer.
4. You can submit one entry each to all three categories: October – Landscape, November – Street, December – Portrait. However, you can only win a major prize once.
5. The photo must not violate someone’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
6. The aim is to announce a winner at the end of every month before proceeding to the next theme. That’s why we’d appreciate receiving your entries from the 1st to the 25th of Oct, Nov and Dec 2015.
If you have any questions, please visit www.facebook.com/photodiaries.
“Know their stories, share yours.”