This year, I promised to do more of the things I love.
After joining Surf Dreamz in Lanuza last year, I found myself still talking about it months after the trip. The effect it had on me was life changing. So it was a no brainer to make the trip again this year. I urge you to join me for this wonderful adventure.
I wrote about my experience in Lanuza, here’s how I ended my piece.
“The vibe heading home was different. True, we were tired and ready to sleep in our own beds, but I couldn’t help but feel like this wasn’t the last I was going to see of Lanuza. I knew I was heading back. The sleepy town of Lanuza only had the waves and the incredibly friendly people calling me back, but it was enough. For now, I have my dreams.”
I can’t wait to head back.
Get away from tired city life. We all need a break some time.
Learn to surf. The feeling of riding a wave for the first time can’t be beat.
Change your life. This is no exaggeration. This trip will change your life if you let it.
What to expect?
Lanuza isn’t only a surfing destination; it is also a home to many islets with white sand beaches, pristine lagoons, interesting rock formations and caves unknown to most. Explore 360 seeks to take a detour to these spots (i.e Magkawas Falls, Lanuza Marine Park and Sanctuary, Mangrove Forest, Punta Beach, Campamento Cave, Silop Spring, Hubason River), making the most out of what the island has to offer.
Where will this be held?
The camp will be held in Lanuza , Surigao del Sur. Lanuza is a 4th class municipality in the province of
Surigao del Sur, Philippines. It has a total land area of 395.76 km², representing 8.7% to the total area of
Surigao del Sur. This is a 2-3 hour van or bus ride from Surigao City, Surigao del Norte (usual jump off point to Siargao Island). Globe , Sun, and Smart mobile networks work fine but there are dead spots in some areas.
How does transportation go?
*All details are estimates.
April. 18 (07:00 pm) via COKALIONG SHIPPING from Cebu to Surigao del Norte (12 hour boat ride) & vice versa
April 19 (09:00 am) via VAN from Surigao del Norte to Lanuza, Surigao del Sur ( 2- 3 hour land trip) & vice versa
If you are prone to getting sea-sick or motion sickness, we advice you to bring your own preferred
medication to remedy yourself with.
What do we need to bring?
- Preferred medication. This small community doesn’t have a big pharmacy, so it is most advisable for you to bring your own choice of medication.
• Rash Guard, board shorts, reliable bikinis. Anything to cover your essentials.
• Sunblock. Even on cloudy days, UV can still be harmful to your skin. Best add protection from its harmful rays, you wouldn’t want your sun burn spoiling all the fun.
• Head Wear. Caps, hats, bandanas, Fedoras, or any preferred head wear. As we explore the many wonders of Lanuza, we can’t always escape under the shade of a tree, so best bring your preferred head wear as a means of protection from the summer sun.
• Eye wear. Other than looking extra cool, this will help protect our eyes from the blinding awesomeness of Lanuza as well as the sun.
• Foot Wear. Booties (cue in Vanilla Ice song). If you don’t like the feeling of stepping on seaweed or the reef, we suggest you bring this. It would be good to wear reliable foot wear as well as there will also be a lot of walking and maybe climbing involved.
• Good moral
Where to register?
Photos from Surf Dreamz 2016: