Amazing what chalk, a video camera, and a group of exceptional people can do.
We got tremendous support for the “How Can You Make a Better Cebu?” video! We never really got the chance to thank everyone. So here goes.
Thanks to everyone who was a part of it. You know who you are. Thanks also to those who shared, retweeted, and reblogged the video. Without you guys spreading the word, we would never have been heard.
Based on what we hear, people generally like the idea that the video was trying to convey.
What isn’t as clear is the purpose of the video. No, this is not a response to the “20 Reasons I Dislike _____. (the Philippines)” video. We shot this early January. Months before the dislike video came out.
We simply wanted to inspire people to help make Cebu better in their own little way. Our hope is that the people who upload their videos will be compelled to actually ACT on what they say. After all, when you make a resolution or a promise one of the first things you do is tell others about it. This makes it more likely you will do whatever it is you say. What better way to tell people than to upload a video of yourself saying it in YouTube!
Hopefully this will help make a difference.
So hurry and upload already! Click here for details.
Here’s what you missed in the rest of the ZeroThreeTwo:
- We got an elusive interview from Sinugbang Sugbo.
- Mmm Bopping Hanson in Cebu.
- Singing Tea and Symphony.
- Holy Week vacation seen through the eyes of Instagram.
- Deserted Downtown Cebu in Holy Week
- How Can You Make a Better Cebu?
- Cebu’s bet for Binibining Pilipinas Mia Arcenas may not have won. But we are damn proud of her!
- First video response to “How Can You Make a Better Cebu?”
- Did we mention that the video got featured in Sun Star? Yay.
- Some local music to get you in head bopping mood: Makuz Cortes, Honey Drop, Rescue a Hero and Randomsun
- Foreigner vs. Balut
- Awesome Earth hour photo taken in IT Park