According to this BBC article, the death toll brought by Typhoon Sendong (Tropical Storm Washi) is now 650 and there are still people searching for the 800 reported missing.
We need to do our part to help our unfortunate brothers and sisters down south. We’ve compiled a quick list of the relief efforts in Cebu. This Christmas will not be a good one for many. Let’s try to make it better.
OPERATION SENDONG – relief effort organized by Istorya.net. Below are the drop off points:
– Istorya.net office Rm. 201 MIT Building, Gorordo Ave. Lahug (Beside Jollibee)
– PRG Photoshop – Baseline Complex, Juana Osmeña St. (Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM)
– Alberto’s Pizza – A.S. Fortuna (near Banilad Flyover), Mandaue City (Sunday-Saturday 9AM-2AM)
Panaygon Para sa mga Cagayanon ug Iliganon – The Outpost is organizing a charity concert on Dec. 23, Friday. You can drop off donations anytime in the following drop off points:
– Habagat in SM City Cebu North Reclamation
– Outpost 976-B Veterans’ Drive, Lahug
Joe Green Bodega – Shiloh International, H. Abellana St. Canduman Mandaue City
UBEC Crew is selling art for in exchange for material relief goods!
Donations can be dropped off in any LBC branch nationwide.
You can also donate directly to the Red Cross.
*We are not connected with any of the said charities. Please contact them directly for any inquiries.
** If there are relief efforts being organized, feel free to contact us. If we smell a scam brewing, we’ll cook your fingers.
*** Here’s an aerial view of the damage in CDO.