Obviously, ZeroThreeTwo is not the only website writing about Cebu. There are plenty of other great sites out there spreading the love. Here are a few posts that we think deserve some reading.
- 11 “Ordinary Moments” from Cebu
- Mdm. B. Niyaan/Russ Ligtas
- Step Into The Daydreams of Hannah Bacalla
- The Fuente Osmeña chronicles
- Simple Guide for Beginner Runners
We share a lot of link love with our Twitter. Follow us at @032cebu and give us a shout out.
“Many people I knew who’d been said there wasn’t much to see besides the beach. I’m glad I didn’t listen.” We agree 100%. Don’t get us wrong. The beaches are great! But Cebu is so much more than that. Sometimes it takes a tourist to see the “in-betweens.” We’re glad Stephanie took the time to walk around and truly explore.
Performance art is not necessarily new to Cebu, but it is without a doubt an underappreciated art (To be honest, most art in Cebu is underappreciated, but that’s a whole different post). Marc writes about how he felt after watching a performance entitled Mdm. B. Niyaan by Russ Ligtas. “…my mind was brewing so many thoughts; Thoughts that lead to new thoughts and questions, and questions that lead to more thoughts and even more questions.”
Part of the reason we started ZeroThreeTwo was to showcase great Cebuano talents. We’re happy to announce that another Cebu-centric website has happily joined us in this task. Hanging Rice is a well written and legit site dedicated to all things Cebu. Here they interviewed Hannah Bacalla, an emerging photographer with very polished and mature work. Check her out.
Fuente Osmeña has laid witness many historic events. This post chronicles some of those events and highlights political skirmishes that are occurring right now. Best quote, “In fact, Fuente Osmeña is so neutral and apolitical that it’s probably the only Osmeña who has never run for public office.” Unfortunately, Fuente has been mired by the politics. Maybe it should revert back to its hay day when it was a skating ring. Everyone could agree to that right?
With all the sporting events sprouting out, this guide from iStorya.net might be exactly what the aspiring weekend warrior needs. The tips might be no brainers for those who are joining the upcoming Iron Man, but helpful nonetheless.
Here’s what you missed in the ZeroThreeTwo
- ZeroThreeTwo visited Manila to attend the Tatt Awards 2012.
- Want to know what Cebuanos are eating? Find out here.
- Interview of a Pungko-Pungko vendor.
- We bid farewell to our friend Makoy. See you Coy!
- If you have friends coming to Cebu for the first time, you might want to send them this link of Cebu’s Top Hotels.
- Want to make the best burger ever? Here’s how.
- Support local artists! Here’s a Cebu movie coming up. Check out Aberya.
- You need to check out the best Tuna Panga in Cebu at STK.
- With all these tea places popping up, allow us to give you guidance. Visit Tea Religion.
- Here’s what Cebu is saying via Twitter.
- ZeroThreeTwo vs. the Ultimate burger in Buddies. See who wins.
- Let’s save the world one tree at a time. We went tree planting! See how it went.